Included in the Kit is the 100+ page Campus Free Speech Training Guide: Awareness, Preparation & Action Binder. This guide provides tools trainers can use when proactively discussing free speech with students, staff, faculty and other campus community members. It also offers how-to strategies for campus professionals as they tackle free speech issues, policies and legal concerns.
This binder includes:
- Interactive activities
- Tips about positively engaging and using speech effectively
- Case studies
- Discussion prompts
- A glossary of terms
- Worksheets and handouts
- How-to strategies for handling free speech/expressive activity incidents
- Sample freedom of expression policies, statements and more
- Policy-creation recommendations
- Legal briefs related to protected and unprotected speech
And all reproducible materials are available for download via a password-protected website for easy distribution and use!