Included with the Kit are 100 copies of our Pocket Guide to Free Speech & Peaceful Assembly brochure.
This 8-page, full-color brochure reviews student’s free speech rights as well as constraints on free speech. Plus, this resource includes many tips for how students can most effectively make their voices heard, both on campus and in society generally.
- Free Speech 101
- Public vs. Private Institutions
- Restrictions on Free Speech
- Criminal Acts
- Time, Place and Manner Restrictions
- Hate Speech
- Commercial Speech
- Using Speech Effectively
- Creating Space to Listen
- Understanding Different Forms of Engagement
- The Right to Peaceful Assembly
- Interacting with Administrators
- And More!